none
Idea About Light Up Your College RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello Frends,

2nd edition of student rockstar contest, has several new updation..

Mainly LIGHT UP YOUR COLLEGE..

In my college several students had joined in rockstar contest.. Now my question is whether all the students can develop the site individually or the same college students must develop it in groups...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:17 AM

All replies

•  

i think it is an individual activity according to the rockstar contest ...
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:55 PM
  • This is an indivisual contest u have to send brief description of ur Dream College Websit

they will register u and give u 200 points for that registeration ,this increase ur rank.............

time to submit ur website is 2 DECEMBER

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:03 AM
  • Hey....what happens if due to some time constraint or some reason u are not able to submit ur website by the stipulated date...after registration...would it be a major problem...i mean..what if u;ve just completed 3/4th of ur website....0r sumthn like dat...?? What do we do...?
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:22 AM
  • @Vandana,

i dont think , there will much of a dire consequence in terms of points or something, but if you have completed the website say 3/4, then i think it makes sense to upload it and let people at least see the effort and the fact shows that we tried.

What say?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:49 AM
  • hi friends ,

Have You guys started Designing the sites !! Do you get any info about the Confimation of registration from them !!

Shall we start designing now ??

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:22 AM
  • I think noone received the confirmation about the registration for the LightUpYourCOllege contest, except for the fact that we have got 200 points for registering in it.

The site says that we will get confirmation and links to download softwares, that we can work on it and create the website. But i think we all ahve to start doing the work, as at the end there wont be much time left; ) Better to finish it early than late.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:41 PM
  • I have not received the confirmation, but lets wait for another week. Maybe there are some instructions involved. After then we can start designing the website. After all we dont want to do redundant work right?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:02 PM
  • I don't know you all others but what i can say is Visual Web Developer is not  a cakewalk as you might be dreaming about it also you got to have one page designed using Silverlight technology and Frankly speaking getting books and other resourses for using Silverlight is a tough job as it is a new technology untill and unless Microsoft provides us with some of them
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:19 PM
  • Yeah....i guess better to upload whatever we've done instead of uploading nothing at all...!!! And anyone knows where we can get an idea about silverlight...?? I do hope MS sould have some material...!!

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:26 AM
  • Light up is nothing but u should give idea 4 creating website of your's own...n in u r website wat r the thing will b available...

Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:45 AM
  •  

Hello friends i started my dream website.

i think there is no enough time but u have to start today itself, because it is very important that your site's look is attractive and also the coding is too much fine as compair to other members

so start your website today itself,

best of luck to all.

if u have any query than send me reply i will give answer.

thank u,

Krunal Doshi

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:26 PM
  • Hey guys, we HAVE to have atleast one page done using Silveright. And i guess thats what is the motive of MS, they want us to learn and get familiar with the latest technologies. and that is really a good sign.

Silverlight LInk : http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/
    As yu can see the slogan of SiverLight = Light up The Web, and our contest name is Light up your college Stick out tongue seems similar Smile so SilverLight, should be used.
    Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:21 AM
  • Wat i wanted to ask is that, when we are designing our "dream website", do all the details regarding the institute have to be perfect??....... Cause since, basically the aim is to make us develop a Professional Real World Website and not for the purpose of using the website for the college, I don't think the details have to be perfect. Because if it has to be that way, we'd have to waste time gathering the factuals related to the college rather than designing the site.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:40 AM
  • Did any one received the URL/link N password for the same link?

In student rockstar.Light up ur College Page it is clearly written that

Schedule and Deadlines

Last date for registration postponed to 20th October 2007.

• The Contest is now open
    • After registering for the Student Rockstar contest, interested students need to submit their acceptance for college website entry latest by 20th October 2007. Post which the “Light Up your College” contest registration shall close.
    • All eligible Contest Registrations will have to download NextWeb technology software and develop the web site.
    • Students will have 2 months to complete their project. All entries on 3rd December 2007 will be considered final.

Process

1. Once you are registered on the Student Rockstar portal you will be able to view a link on the information page of Light Up Your Contest.
    2. Click on the link “Accept Light Up Your College” Contest.
    3. Fill up the required fields.
    4. Submit your acceptance.
    5. In a weeks time you will receive a mail with the login and password along with URL to access a site.

Please pay ur attention on Blue Line.
    Did any received the Same URL+Password To access a site. I think it's Very important to receive the atleast URl becuse this URL is only where we have to submit our ENTRY for Evaluation.
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:03 AM
  • not yet reeived any login details...eagerly waiting 4 it...
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:04 PM
  • Still waiting...
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:52 PM
  • the admin told that the work of sending login details are in progress...lets wait for it..
    Monday, October 15, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Thanks Ranjeeth,

Admin work in under prcoess of sending details,

but should we start our work?  because No guidelines no information except that we have to make website using next web technology and we have to submit it before 3rd december.
    I think there must be some more rules set of guidelines for our project in the URL/Login we will receive. we can't ingnore that rules/giude lines.
    over all admin will extend the deadline of submission?  also most of the students will give their semester exam in december.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:11 PM
  • Its basically an individual contest.. try developin your site now itself..
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:05 PM