CRM2013 Autosave, Workflows and Imports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have autosave turned off in CRM 2013. I have a (contact) workflow which creates a new entity as soon as a contact is created. This workflow works when run manually but not if I import contacts. Also when I import contacts, the record is created but if I open up the record I am told "changes not saved" (even though there have been no changes).

Anyone seen this? Is it because I am in some sort of autosave limbo? When I turn on autosave and do the import the workflow kicks off as expected. I have a few additional queries re. this scenario.

(1) In workflows, is there any explicit command to "Save Record" (not just "create", but also to explicitly save)

(2) If we have to turn on autosave to overcome this issue, is there anyway of undoing changes (users like the reassurance of being in control of committing changes - that is why we took off autosave in the first place).

Many thanks for any assistance.

- Seamus

Seamus

Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please check if any Onload JavaScript making nay changes?

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by sg123 Friday, November 21, 2014 9:10 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:12 PM
  • Hi,

1) no, oncreate will trigger the workflow when the record is committed to the database so either straight away if importing or on the first save action - which is always manual even if you have auto-save turned on.

Do you have any plugins on your contact entity? you can check the sdk message processing steps when looking in the default solution.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Marked as answer by sg123 Friday, November 21, 2014 9:11 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:47 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please check if any Onload JavaScript making nay changes?

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by sg123 Friday, November 21, 2014 9:10 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:12 PM
  • no there is none. thanks.

Seamus

Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

1) no, oncreate will trigger the workflow when the record is committed to the database so either straight away if importing or on the first save action - which is always manual even if you have auto-save turned on.

Do you have any plugins on your contact entity? you can check the sdk message processing steps when looking in the default solution.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Marked as answer by sg123 Friday, November 21, 2014 9:11 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you both - I was checking the wrong form. There WAS Jscript onload which wasnt needed. Now I have taken it out I am no longer prompted to save (non-existent) changes. That's a great help. However, my workflow issues remain - the workflow will not trigger, even though the trigger (import of contacts) completes successfully. I have to run the workflow manually. The workflow is published, it works manually, and the async processing service is started. Interestingly, I have just manually added a contact and the workflow worked, so the problem is the fact that the contacts are created via import and not manually. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Seamus

Friday, November 21, 2014 9:27 AM