WHS Unexpected shutdown every two hours RRS feed

• Question

• I just started noticing that my WHS machine would give a system beep every once in a while, but nothing was wrong with it so I didnt worry too much untill I looked at the event log and I get error id 6008 exactly every two hours (give or take about 30 seconds) followed by info messages about everything starting back up. I have done nothing different to the server, it has just been sitting there. The only thing that might have changed lately is the PP2 update, but why would that have caused this error?

The error states "The previous system shutdown at (TIME) on (DATE) was unexpected." but the server never actually shuts down. The machine is still running when this happens. It simply gives a system beep and I lose connectivity for a minute or two. This is starting to get very annoying when I am trying to do something and I lose connection right in the middle of it.

Any Suggestions?
    Monday, April 13, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

• Are you running an evaluation version of the software? If so, has it been approximately 4 months since installlation? (i.e. 120 days) If both conditions are true, you have reached the end of your evaluation period and your server is in the process of progressively disabling itself.

If not, we'll probably need more details.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, April 13, 2009 4:45 PM