none
Infopath Submit to Email - Outlook digital signatures invalid

Question

• Working out of SharePoint 2010 / InfoPath 2010 / Outlook 2010

I have several forms that use the InfoPath Submit to Email capability. Unfortunately the IT Powers That Be (ITPTB) ordained that all emails will have a digital signature. So InfoPath submits to Outlook and everything functions as it's supposed to. Except... anyone receiving the automated email in Outlook gets the "Invalid Signature" pop-up. They can choose to view the message but with all of today's security concerns, add a hefty dose of didn't want to see it anyway, some of the intended recipients who may need to take action are discarding the email instead.

No-one at our local ITPTB seems to know where the problem is or how to fix it and as my user hints I'm the only one that seems to understand SharePoint, I make no claim to understand Outlook or digital signatures.

Please help.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, May 06, 2016 10:25 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Thursday, May 05, 2016 6:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, May 06, 2016 10:22 PM
  • Since it is outlook that returns the message I'd try them over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 07, 2016 12:27 AM