none
Recompiling application with multi version GAC assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created an assembly and register it in GAC. Now, lets say i have a console application that references the assembly, i compile the application, run it and it's working as expected. I recompile my assembly and again register back to GAC (this process creates a new assembly with new version #) and the previous assembly was uninstalled so that only assembly present will be the latest version of my assembly. I then open my console application and add some code in it but didn't touch / use classes inside the assembly. When i try to recompile my console application "The <assembly> doesn't exist in the current context" error displays. He's looking for the old version of my assembly instead of the new one. Is there a way to instruct VS project to detect the latest assembly without everytime changing the version # that was placed inside the project file to match the latest version #?

Hope it's clear.
    • Moved by Edwer Fang Friday, October 23, 2009 3:19 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hello maxdrive,

You may post this issue on the related language general forum so you can get better and quicker response as this forum is for setup of .net framework.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:18 AM