Instrumentation Profiler in CoreCLR - Ways to Load HelperAssembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to extend the support of Instrumentation profiler to CoreCLR. At present my focus is on ASP.NET Core web applications that runs on .NET Core 2.1. I blindly tried of using the environment values CORECLR_PROFILER , CORECLR_ENABLE_PROFILING  and CORECLR_PROFILER_PATH, where my CorProfiler dll gets attached to dotnet.exe and it gets the callbacks.

I am able to get all the callbacks , but when i allow injecting the code into the Webapplication's method then the app is getting crashed(dotnet.exe gets killed) as it couldnt find the injected function call. As i read the GAC is not used anymore , 

where should my helper assembly should be placed..? and 
    should it be strong named.? 
    can i even use DefineAssemblyRef from IMetaDataAssemblyEmit to define the assembly?

It would be much helpful if I get some correct direction to use / port in my existing profiler to CoreCLR.

Many thanks in advance.
    Monday, April 8, 2019 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Selva VS,

Since your question is more related to ASP.NET, you could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Please go thru the question again.. It is purely based on Instrumentation (IL Rewrite) of .NET CORE web application. 

It has nothing to do with ASP.NET. Kindly don't change the topic. I Have got most of the answers for this topic in this forum only. 

Thanks

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:43 AM