MS Office Pro Plus 2007 licensing question RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased MS Office Professional Plus 2007 about 2 years ago at the university that I attended. I have the original disk and the product key, but the box along with the licensing information are missing. It was installed once on my laptop, and I now want to install it on a new netbook, but I need to find out how many installations are allowed. Any information would be appreciated.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:52 PM

Answers

• "cyberguy3k" wrote in message news:97602672-218c-4ffe-852a-9c9a21adc259...

I purchased MS Office Professional Plus 2007 about 2 years ago at the university that I attended. I have the original disk and the product key, but the box along with the licensing information are missing. It was installed once on my laptop, and I now want to install it on a new netbook, but I need to find out how many installations are allowed. Any information would be appreciated.

So long as the original install has been removed, you should be able to install it on your netbook without a problem - although you may well need to use telephone activation.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:12 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Hello cyberguy3k,

On the computer on which it is now installed, have a look at the Software Licensing Terms (SLTs).

Open up Word, then click the Office Button>Word Options>Resources>About and then finally the link for the Software Licensing Terms.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:47 PM

All replies

• "cyberguy3k" wrote in message news:97602672-218c-4ffe-852a-9c9a21adc259...

I purchased MS Office Professional Plus 2007 about 2 years ago at the university that I attended. I have the original disk and the product key, but the box along with the licensing information are missing. It was installed once on my laptop, and I now want to install it on a new netbook, but I need to find out how many installations are allowed. Any information would be appreciated.

So long as the original install has been removed, you should be able to install it on your netbook without a problem - although you may well need to use telephone activation.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Hello cyberguy3k,

On the computer on which it is now installed, have a look at the Software Licensing Terms (SLTs).

Open up Word, then click the Office Button>Word Options>Resources>About and then finally the link for the Software Licensing Terms.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:47 PM