Delegate Setup Tasks loop... RRS feed

• Question

• I cant seem to get passed the Delegate Setup Tasks section of the install even though it states that it has completed successfully.

I enter the name of the group that will receive permissions to activate communcations server as:

rtcsetupdelegate

This is an existing group that has the user that I am logged in with and the service accounts as the only members

I enter the location of our LCS server:

cn=computers,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=nz

I enter the name of the service to use:

lcservice - for both services

Everything looks good but I do not get an option to run the next step - just the Delegate Setup Tasks one again......

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 3:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Everyone,

There seems to be a little confusion about what to expect from the UI in the Delegation tasks. Due to constraints we have only allowed one task, Setup Delegation, to be run from the UI. The other 3 delegation tasks are not available from the UI but are available from the cmd line using the tool LcsCmd.exe. The delegate Server, User and Read-Only Admin tasks are in the UI for information purposes only, to illustrate they are available. Apologies if this is not clear.

Les Viger

OCS Setup and Deployment Team

Monday, June 25, 2007 10:35 PM

All replies

• Same problem here

Please help

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:33 AM
  • Hi!

I also have the same problem !

/J

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:56 PM
  • Hi Jonas, Raglan and Apenootje,

Can you all let us know the status of your issues? Were any of you able to find a resolution? If so, can you share it with the rest and the forums? If not, please let us know asap and we will try to bring in more help for this issue.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:59 PM
  •  

Hi!

Reinstalled the OC2007 server, only updated the server to SP1, but no success!. Still same problem, so the problem must be with Active Directory. Is there any tool to revert the forestprep and domainprep?

Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:22 AM
  • I have the same issue... Is there a solution yet?

joris.vandenborre@hotmail.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:05 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

There seems to be a little confusion about what to expect from the UI in the Delegation tasks. Due to constraints we have only allowed one task, Setup Delegation, to be run from the UI. The other 3 delegation tasks are not available from the UI but are available from the cmd line using the tool LcsCmd.exe. The delegate Server, User and Read-Only Admin tasks are in the UI for information purposes only, to illustrate they are available. Apologies if this is not clear.

Les Viger

OCS Setup and Deployment Team

Monday, June 25, 2007 10:35 PM
  • Les

Thanks for your reply however I am still stuck... How can I go to the next step? Delegate Server Administration? Or how can I skip this?

Thx

Joris

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:43 AM
  • Hi Joris,

You need to run LCSCMD.exe at a command prompt with the correct parameters.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:40 PM