Activating Live One Care...the second time?!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased my laptop a year ago, and opted for them to add my Live One Care for me.  I paid $150 for the Microsoft package, and was told that I would get 3 uses out of it.  Now, it is a year later and I am up for renewal on my subscription.  I cant seem to renew, and am wondering if re-installing it is even possible. 

I figured that paying so much, I would get a lot more out of what I purchased.  I mean I have only had it one year and now cant seem to renew unless I pay for a new subscription.  I have tried everything up until now.  For the first month it wouldn't even let me sign in to renew. Now, I have tried re-installing it...and it still says I have 2 days left on my subscription!!!

I have read that the 3 subscriptions are for other computers...and if that is what the guy gave me...then nice explaining the situation...I would have said...uh..I only have one computer???  Why would I subscribe 3?? 

Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:44 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry to say it sounds like the One Care service was not explained clearly by the sales associate you worked with. One Care is a subscription service like most antimalware products. The term of the subscription is 1 year from the date of purchase and can be used on up to three computers during the term of the subscription. If you would like to continue using One Care you can find it in many retail stores for $20-$30 and you can use the supplied product key to renew your current subscription. 
    Jim
    • Marked as answer by Kristina s_ Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:17 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:26 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry to say it sounds like the One Care service was not explained clearly by the sales associate you worked with. One Care is a subscription service like most antimalware products. The term of the subscription is 1 year from the date of purchase and can be used on up to three computers during the term of the subscription. If you would like to continue using One Care you can find it in many retail stores for $20-$30 and you can use the supplied product key to renew your current subscription. 
    Jim
    • Marked as answer by Kristina s_ Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:17 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:26 PM
  • Thought so...Thanks very much.
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:16 PM
  • You may want to review this post: Sticky: How to Renew a Subscription to Windows Live OneCare

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 23, 2009 1:01 PM