Upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to upgrade crm 3.0 to 4.0.  While migrating I'm getting this error.  My crm 3.0 is currently working, so I know the database is good.  Can anyone help me out?

One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

I understand crm 3.0 has a crm database and a metabase files.  crm 4.0 has a database file and a config file.  Does the upgrade automatically change this?

Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi, I'm trying to upgrade crm 3.0 to 4.0.  While migrating I'm getting this error.  My crm 3.0 is currently working, so I know the database is good.  Can anyone help me out?

One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

I understand crm 3.0 has a crm database and a metabase files.  crm 4.0 has a database file and a config file.  Does the upgrade automatically change this?

Sunday, August 9, 2015 1:16 AM
  • What version of SQL server your CRM uses ? Hope it is not SQL 2000 since CRM 4.0 requires SQL 2005. 

That is the only thing i could think of for now - looking at the error message.

Additionally, you may refer this CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 upgrade notes to see if you missed something. 

CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 Upgrade Notes

Let us know!

Cheers, Francis Edwin

Sunday, August 9, 2015 10:05 AM
  • My CRM SERVER IS Microsoft Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. This is also my domain/dns server. This is currently hosting the CRM software 3.0.  This is also the server I'm upgrading CRM 4.0 32 bit on.

My SQL Server is Server Standard 2008 R2 with SQL Server.  This is also my domain/dns server.  My SQL Server is SQL Server 2008 R2. (10.50.1600).

• Edited by TOURISTSIS Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:26 PM
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:25 PM
  • I got this to work. I just keep on running the install and it finally run.  I think it has something to do with .ndf file. I dont' remember ever having an .ndf file on the sql server, but now it has one. I don't even know why. I ran some query on the sql server to empty the data file and the install finally ran.

Now I need to upgrade to CRM 4.0 64 BIT.  already run into a problem:  It hangs at Creating and configuring Microsoft Dynamics Web application

Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.AssignNtfsPermissionOnWebServiceDirectoriesAction - does anyone know how I can fix this?  Where can I start troubleshooting?  Where is the installation log files?

I only have 1 server - SERVER 2008 R2 (DNS, AD, SQL SERVER 2008 R2, CRM).  - (Currently CRM 4.0 is on another server 2003). 

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:15 AM