How to code to check local user only sync (upload) no more than one time based on "today" date? RRS feed

All replies

• you can extend the anchor table on the client side.

create an update trigger to store the date (last sync date) when anchor table is updated.

before doing a sync, check that the last sync date is not equal to the current date.

Monday, April 5, 2010 2:57 PM
  • Sorry, I did not make question clear.

Local user may input data many times within today. Each time I will code to upload data after saving input.

Can it still use anchor table to do it?

For example, user may input data 3 times during today on 10:00 am, 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. I'll code sync after input each time.

How to code to control only not uploading data to upload each time and display message if there is no data to upload?

Monday, April 5, 2010 3:26 PM
  • Are you saying you prefer not uploading data if there is no change from the last check point time-stamp and just displaying the message?

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 7:03 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes.

Thank you for help.

Monday, April 5, 2010 9:00 PM
  • I adapted codes from the sample into my project. It works fine but there are sill two questions before putting my project in live.

1) How to void uploading duplicate records?

2) In case of connection between local and remote broken while in sync, that is some records were uploaded but some not, what steps should be taken?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 1:18 PM