email description without tags? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I'm creating a denormalized view based on the email entity. On email create, I'm copying the email description field data to a field in the denormalized table.  However, in my denormalized view, the email description has html tags.  Whereas, in the normal email view, the email description does not have html tags.  I need to insert the email description into my denormalized view without html tags.  Do you know if there's a way to do this?  The standard email view displays the email description without html tags, so I'm guessing that CRM stores this data without HTML tags in a separate field somewhere, or CRM has some type of method that it passes the html text to, to get a tagless version?

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Dynamics CRM internally handle email description inside views to remove the html tags, it doesn't store a stripped version and it doesn't offer an OOB way to replicate this functionality to other fields.

You can always remove the html tags using C# or JavaScript (depending where you are executing your code) using regular expressions (just google "c# remove html tags" or "javascript remove html tags" for sample code)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:45 PM