Click to Dial formatted number doesnt route to IP-PBX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I'm currently enabled for both enterprise voice and RCC.

When i click to dial in the following format +61 (3) 9980 9925 x9925 using computer it does not seem route it through Mediation--> IP PBX. It instead matches the user URI and rings the communicator client (Peer to Peer) not the IP-PBX handset (in my case the mitel handset).

Am i right to assume click to dial numbers have already been normalized and wont be normalized again through the Mediation Server?

Anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers

Adrian
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:16 AM

Answers

• If that number exists in the Line URI of an AD user account, then OCS will not route the call out to Mediatoin server to a PBX, but will stay internal (and send to OC client or UM voicemail if offline) as the number belongs to an OCS user.  If you have that same number configured on the PBX then it would only work if you are configured for Dual Forking or PBX Integration (EV+RCC).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, June 29, 2009 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian,

When you say you are enabled for both, do you mean you are trying to use Enterprise Voice with PBX integration? Or you have some users using Enterprise Voice and some using Remote Call Control?

Which users are trying to call each other? Is it RCC->EV? EV->RCC? or EV+PBX -> EV+PBX? or something else.

If you can give us some of this info we may be able to assit further.

Cheers,

Michael

Monday, June 29, 2009 8:21 AM
  • If that number exists in the Line URI of an AD user account, then OCS will not route the call out to Mediatoin server to a PBX, but will stay internal (and send to OC client or UM voicemail if offline) as the number belongs to an OCS user.  If you have that same number configured on the PBX then it would only work if you are configured for Dual Forking or PBX Integration (EV+RCC).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, June 29, 2009 12:33 PM