Access External USers in OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to All,

I would like to ask and to know more about "Access External User"  in OCS 2007 whether user must be member of active directory..if not how OCS 2007 will allow External User to login to attend Presentation, Meeting, Conference Call through Edge Server in my local network?????

Thanks
    Sameer
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:13 AM

All replies

• You can add federated users to your OCS server or
    You can enable public IM Connectivity.

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    .Net Goodies
    Remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a correct reply to your question
    Friday, May 29, 2009 7:06 AM
  • Sameer,

I think you are asking if meeting attendees need to be authenticated to AD, please correct me if I'm wrong.  The answer to your questions is - only if you want them to be.  You can allow your users to invite anonymous participants to Live Meetings or Conference Calls (R2) via policy on the Meetings Tab under Forest Propoerties>Global Properties.   You will need to make sure your AV Edge, Web Conf Edge,  Access Edge and ABS all have a trusted certificate or the anonymous participant will not get in. 

As for being an OCS user (IM, A/V, Calling, etc) they will have to have a domain account, however their machine won't have be a domain member as long as it trusts all of the public facing certificate.

Hope this helps!

KP
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Friday, May 29, 2009 12:30 PM