WGA RRS feed

• General discussion

• It creates a significant loss of productivity for a legitimate customer to have to validate, re-validate, and continuously re-validate a copy of windows.

After a person purchases a valid copy of Windows, Microsoft indeed owes customers compensation for the time it takes their networks, hardware and indeed even the copy of Windows that they own to go through this sometimes lengthy process. If it takes me, my network and my computer 5 minutes, that adds up to about $5 per validation that would be billable if someone chose to push it. After all, Microsoft does not subsidize my isp fees, pay for my computer, or my time.

I respectfully request that Microsoft be considerate of the private and corporate  time to dollar equation when forcing re-validation. When you sell products  digitally, your products are vulnerable. That is the price you pay for producing products that have no concrete substance. Deal with it like the rest of us, with grace. Do not inflict your frustration repeatedly on your loyal customers. If I did that, I would be out of business.

Thanks for reading, and keep the great products coming.

• Changed type JeniferA Friday, September 5, 2008 5:14 PM More a comment than a question
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:17 AM

All replies

• Yes, I agree with you, I'm extremely unhappy with what appears to be the constant re-validation we get.So unhappy that I've stopped automatic updates but just allow notification of updates.  It's certainly not for our benefit, no matter what old guff Microsoft may give us about it.  If I wanted a spy on my PC I'd ask for one, thank you very much. However, having seen what's on offer - yet another Microsoft Genuine Advantage update does anyone know of a way to delete it so that if I'm notified of other  updates which I do want to download & install the MGA wont' be actioned?
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:24 AM