Cannot Activate Web Components Server OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy all,

I have installed OCS 2007 3 times in our test environment, 2 times successfully and now when I try to implement this into our network I am receiving this error listed below when I am on step 2 "Deploying Server" after successfully prepping the domain and forest.

Activate Web Components Server   Activate Web Components Server Log: LC Web Components[2007_09_13][12_16_11]_Activate.html
      Failure
    [0xC3EC796C] One or more errors occurred during execution of the wizard; the wizard was unable to complete successfully. Please check the log file for more information.

With the corresponding

Activate Web Components Server IIS Virtual Directory Setting   ADsPath: IIS://computername.company.com/W3SVC/1/ROOT/etc/place/null/filetree
      Failure
    [0x800407D0]

Every Log before this is Successful.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

Thank you,

BMANSKI

Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:53 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply, but the long and short of it was due to an invalid certificate.  I recreated the certificate with the OCS admin console and added it to the CA and assigned it to IIS; problem resolved.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 2:14 AM

All replies

• Sorry for the late reply, but the long and short of it was due to an invalid certificate.  I recreated the certificate with the OCS admin console and added it to the CA and assigned it to IIS; problem resolved.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 2:14 AM
  •  

Please can you make some step by step guide for resolving this problem? Thank you in advance.

Andan Vladimir
    Friday, October 19, 2007 10:28 AM
  • I am having the same problem

Activate Web Components Server IIS Virtual Directory Setting   ADsPath: IIS://Severname.Server/W3SVC/1/ROOT/etc/place/null/filetree
      Failure
    [0x800407D0]

I sort of did what was suggested, i created a certification and applied to IIS and OCS, but i still get this error, i even tried uninstalling the Web Components and have OCS reinstall them, still no luck, any other ideas?

Josh

Friday, February 1, 2008 2:15 PM
  • I hope this problem is solved.

If not, this is what I tried. I made sure that my login was part of Domain admin as well as RTCUniversalServerAdmin.
    Uninstalled OCS completely (All componenets) after I got the above error. Rebooted the server. Then reinstalled OCS and it worked.

Friday, February 8, 2008 11:41 PM
  • I just came across this problem and here's what worked for me.

I removed Web Components from the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

Then I went back and ran the Deploy Server section and it completed successfully.

Cheers!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:07 AM