Synchronized Appointments in Outlook have an invalid email addresses RRS feed

• Question

• When one of my users  is creating an appointment in CRM (v4 r12) and synchronising it with Outlook.

When they open the appointment in Outlook there is no entries in the To: section as you would expect but they are there if you click on the Scheduling tab. What seems to be happening is that it is sending over the recipient but not in a recognised form. If I try and send and update for the meeting I get a error back from my exchange server saying -

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConversionFailedException: Message content has become corrupted. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.CorruptDataException: Invalid global object ID.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.GlobalObjectId.CheckGlobalObjectId(Byte[] globalObjectIdBytes)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.GlobalObjectId.SetBytes(Byte[] globalObjectIdBytes)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VEvent.DemoteUid(VEvent vevent)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VEvent.DemoteUid(VEvent vevent)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VEvent.DemoteProperties()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VEvent.Demote(Item item, ConversionAddressCache addressCache, CalendarWriter calendarWriter)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VCalendar.DemoteVEvents()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.VCalendar.Demote(CalendarWriter calendarWriter)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.CalendarDocument.ItemToICal(Item item, OutboundAddressCache addressCache, Stream stream, String charsetName, OutboundConversionOptions

Also, when you look at the email addresses they are wrapped in <> rather than ().

Any help gratefully received.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:01 PM