Any meaning to the order of disk drives shown in Server Storage view in Console? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any meaning to the order of the listing of the hard drives in the Server Storage view in WHS Console?  When I first installed WHS, my machine had a single 200GB Seagate on the primary master IDE.  I then added a Maxtor 320GB as the primary slave, and order of the drives from top down was Seagate, then Maxtor.  I had a failed attempt to swap out the Seagate to a Hitachi 400GB drive (still primary IDE master) under Beta 2 where I lost all my shared folders while doing a Upgrade install, and the Maxtor was listed first, then the Hitachi in Console.  When CTP came out, I did a fresh install from scratch (not an upgrade), and the Maxtor (primary slave) is listed on above the Hitachi (primary master in Console).  If I connect via Remote Desktop, Windows Explorer correctly shows the total capacity of c: plus d: as 400GB, corresponding to the Hitachi, and System Properties shows the Hitachi as drive 0 and Maxtor as drive 1.
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:31 PM