none
Sync Help! RRS feed

• Question

• I am syncing a Sql Compact Edition 3.5 database to SQL 2005.   I am using the following example...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sync/archive/2010/09/24/how-to-sync-large-sql-server-databases-to-sql-azure.aspx

I can compile and run but when I run the synchronization I get the following error....

{"There is an error in XML document (1, 2)."}

Inner Trace shows

{"<SqlCeSyncProviderScopeConfiguration xmlns=''> was not expected."}

I have no idea how to fix this, anyone able to help?

Monday, July 2, 2012 7:39 PM

Answers

• Well instead of trying to do some manual creation of master db I followed your instructions to provision the databases with code, and now everything is working fine....

http://jtabadero.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/sync-framework-provisioning/

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by wreed Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:22 PM

All replies

• you might want to post the actual stack trace...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:48 AM
  • Is this what you are looking for?

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer.SqlProviderFactory.ReadConfiguration(String scopeName, SyncSchemaInfo syncSchemaInfo)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer.SqlSyncProvider.Configure()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.CoreInterop.ISyncSession.Start(CONFLICT_RESOLUTION_POLICY resolutionPolicy, _SYNC_SESSION_STATISTICS& pSyncSessionStatistics)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWaySyncHelper(SyncIdFormatGroup sourceIdFormats, SyncIdFormatGroup destinationIdFormats, KnowledgeSyncProviderConfiguration destinationConfiguration, SyncCallbacks DestinationCallbacks, ISyncProvider sourceProxy, ISyncProvider destinationProxy, ChangeDataAdapter callbackChangeDataAdapter, SyncDataConverter conflictDataConverter, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncDataConverter sourceConverter, SyncDataConverter destinationConverter, SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at xxxx.frmLogin.btnSync_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\xxxx\xxxx\Form1.cs:line 153

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:21 PM
  • I reprovisioned my db on the server side and now get this....+      

[Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncException]    {"Cannot enumerate changes at the RelationalSyncProvider for table 'territory'.  Check the inner exception for any store-specific errors."}    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncException

Inner:
    "A column named '__sysTrackingContext' already belongs to this DataTable."

Finally the Stack trace:

at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncBatchProducer.DequeueBatch()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.RelationalSyncProvider.ConsumeBatchFromProducer(DbSyncScopeMetadata scopeMetadata)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.RelationalSyncProvider.GetChanges(DbSyncScopeMetadata scopeMetadata, DbSyncSession DbSyncSession, UInt32 memoryBatchSize)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.RelationalSyncProvider.GetChangeBatch(UInt32 batchSize, SyncKnowledge destinationKnowledge, Object& changeDataRetriever)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeProviderProxy.GetChangeBatch(UInt32 dwBatchSize, ISyncKnowledge pSyncKnowledge, ISyncChangeBatch& ppChangeBatch, Object& ppUnkDataRetriever)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.CoreInterop.ISyncSession.Start(CONFLICT_RESOLUTION_POLICY resolutionPolicy, _SYNC_SESSION_STATISTICS& pSyncSessionStatistics)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWaySyncHelper(SyncIdFormatGroup sourceIdFormats, SyncIdFormatGroup destinationIdFormats, KnowledgeSyncProviderConfiguration destinationConfiguration, SyncCallbacks DestinationCallbacks, ISyncProvider sourceProxy, ISyncProvider destinationProxy, ChangeDataAdapter callbackChangeDataAdapter, SyncDataConverter conflictDataConverter, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncDataConverter sourceConverter, SyncDataConverter destinationConverter, SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at xxx.frmLogin.btnSync_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\xxx\xxx\Form1.cs:line 161

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 3:36 PM
  • Well instead of trying to do some manual creation of master db I followed your instructions to provision the databases with code, and now everything is working fine....

http://jtabadero.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/sync-framework-provisioning/

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by wreed Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:22 PM