WORKFLOW not working!! Tasks vs Appointments. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am having some issues with my workflow.

INTRO:
    I currently have 1 workflow inplace that everytime appointment is created, WORKFLOW creates a Task to remind users to add notes after meeting is done.

ISSUE:
    Issue I came to experience was that users add the notes but they forget to close out the Tasks as complete

SOLUTION ? STUCK!!
    I tried to create a 2nd workflow which basically works IF there are notes entered in Meeting Description then to close the Task as Complete. Below is the screenshot of my workflow but it doesn't seem to work. I created N:1 relationship of Tasks and Appointments.

The workflow just states - WAITING and has msg > "A record required by this process could not be found"

Any ideas what am i doing wrong here?

Thanks so much!

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:16 PM

All replies

• In the workflow where you create the task, you need to set the 'Regarding' field to point at the appointment you've just created.

You can do this by using the form-assistant when clicking on 'Regarding'

-

• Proposed as answer by Jason Benedetti Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:33 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:37 PM
  • To be aware of the Task the Workflow created, the same workflow must also be used to close the Task. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Hi guys,

Jason > I have the field already in the task record linking to the appointment. Question is how do I close out this task now once meeting notes have been entered? Any ideas on?

Wayne > what do you mean same workflow has to be used to close out the task. Do I build on the rules of the original workflow? How would it be activated

Thanks so much for all the feedback!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:10 PM

• Wayne > what do you mean same workflow has to be used to close out the task. Do I build on the rules of the original workflow? How would it be activated

Yes, the rules have to be built into the original workflow, and then that workflow must continue to run (via a Wait condition) until the Appointment is completed (or the appointment date has passed).  then you could close the Task the workflow created, because that long-running workflow "remembers" the Task it created at the beginning.  When you try to make a new workflow, it has no way to "remember" the individual task that was created when they ran.

A way to think of it is you are making a workflows TEMPLATE.  Then an individual workflow execution happens every time you kick off an appointment.  That individual execution then keeps track of all the data inside it, including what specific task it created, and what specific appointment it's running on. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:25 PM
  • you can use plugin on update of Tasks ,when notes added complete the Tasks .

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:58 AM