One Contact- Several Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I have several cases where one contact works at several different accounts. I want to list that person under each account. I realize that contact can only have one primary account, and they can only be the primary contact for one account.

However, shouldn't I be able to list them as contacts under multiple accounts in the contacts section under the account?

Do I have to create relationships instead?

Cindy

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:08 PM

Answers

• The standard way to implement this would be through relationships. In CRM 4.0 you could create an additional many-many relationship between accout and contact, but it wouldn't offer any more functionality than you alreay get with relationships
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:12 PM

All replies

• The standard way to implement this would be through relationships. In CRM 4.0 you could create an additional many-many relationship between accout and contact, but it wouldn't offer any more functionality than you alreay get with relationships
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:12 PM
  • Dear Cindy,

In MS CRM 4.0, there are m:m relationships and you can achieve that.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:21 AM
  • Thanks.  I was hoping I could add contacts under an account in the contacts section under details.  I don't necessarily want to create a new contact, just have them listed under several accounts. 

Who knows, maybe in the next version...

Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:54 PM