Problem with drilldown functionality of Reporting Service reports inside an IFRAME RRS feed

• Question

• I made a SiteMap customization to add a link to a Reporting Service Report in Work Place pane area.  When clicked, the report opens fine in the right side pane.

However, this report contains a drilldown functionality.  It is embedded with link to another report, as well as links to CRM records.  When the user clicks on a link, the new page takes up the entire browser window, instead of staying within the right side pane.   If I change the "Jump To URL" property inside my report to use the "javascript:void(window.open(url))" method, the links simply won't in CRM.  But it will work fine outside of CRM in its own browser window.
    However, this works well when I run the report standalone, outside MS CRM, but does NOT work inside CRM.  It does work as expected from the subreport, which when it opens takes the entire browser window and is thus not running inside CRM.

So, there seems to be some built-in server side code prevents the link opener javascript in the right pane area.  Is there anyway I can this to work ?  My current work around has been using "window.open" in the SiteMap configuration, which will open the report in a new browser window instead of the right pane area.  So the drilldown links will work fine, but then it creates distraction, and also the right pane area is showing "[Object]" as if it is having an error.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does anybody has any hint on how this can be resolved ?
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 12:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Chao Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:46 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:17 AM
  • Thanks.  This helped solve the problem.  So below is my updated SiteMap customization that works:

<SubArea Id="nav_MyResearch" Title="My Assignments View" Description="My Research Requests and Tasks" Url="http://trireport/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fGuideline_MSCRM%2fResearch%2fMy+Active+Research+Requests+and+Tasks&amp;rs:Command=Render&amp;rc:LinkTarget=_blank" Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_112.gif" />
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:46 AM