Validation Code: 1

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {AA99BBB6-E6BE-44E3-8ED7-08EB5429FCF3}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Documents and Settings\Barfly\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AA99BBB6-E6BE-44E3-8ED7-08EB5429FCF3}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1078081533-1708537768-854245398</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MSI                             </Manufacturer><Model>MS-6191                         </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.        </Manufacturer><Version>A6191O1 V1.06 30012001          </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20010130000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>9EE73FE701842049</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 1AB9E:Tiny Computers Limited
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

I've only got 1 day to activate/ validate Windows XP.  Everything seemed okay until I downloaded Service Pack 3.  I got the PC from a friend, but I now live in another town.  It seems unfair that you should ask for a Product Key several years after someone installed Eindows XP.  Is this all a ploy to disenfranchise people, so that they are forced to buy Windows 7?

The Product Key that I was trying to typr in I subsequently noticed was for Windows Millennium edition.  It seems that that was originally installed on the PC, and then someone updated to Windows XP later.

Is there any chance you could activate Windows XP for me?

Gerald
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hello GDJames,

If the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on the computer is for Windows Me, then the computer is still licensed to run Windows Me.  I suggested that you contact Tiny computers to see if they could supply you with the Recovery or Reinstallation discs that would match the version and edition of Windows on the CoA.  If you install Me on the computer using the Tiny Recovery CD, it would yield a Genuine installation of Windows on that computer.

In order to run Windows XP on this computer, you will have to purchase a licensing kit and install XP using the genuine media and product key that would come with the licensing kit.  You would have the option of a full retail kit or a systembuilder/OEM kit.

A third option would be to install Windows Me, then purchase a retail upgrade license for XP, which are less expensive than a full retail license.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:04 PM

All replies

• Is this all a scam to scare people to buy extra Microsoft software?

If I do nothing, will my PC still work tomorrow?

I suppose it would, because think of the lawsuits when all those people who have bought Windows sue Microsoft when their computer is disabled.

Monday, October 26, 2009 11:52 PM
  • Hello GDJames,

Your computer has an installation of XP Pro, and that installation was done using a Dell XP Professional OS Reinstallation CD.

Since your computer is not a Dell computer, the Windows Product Activation system will not activate this computer.

Does this computer have a Windows Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) affixed to the computer?  If so please let us know what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, but do not post the product key.

The mgadiag report is showing that your computer may have been manufacturer by Tiny Computers.  Have you contacted Tiny Computers to see if you can order a Recovery or Reinstallation CD so that you can properly install Windows on the computer?

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:49 AM
  • Hi Dan.

Yes it is a Tiny Computer.  No I ain't going to contact them - I don't see how it is their problem.

The Windows Certificate of Authority affixed to the computer is for Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition.

I have taken note of the product key, in case I need it later.

Gerald
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:54 PM
  • Hello GDJames,

If the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) on the computer is for Windows Me, then the computer is still licensed to run Windows Me.  I suggested that you contact Tiny computers to see if they could supply you with the Recovery or Reinstallation discs that would match the version and edition of Windows on the CoA.  If you install Me on the computer using the Tiny Recovery CD, it would yield a Genuine installation of Windows on that computer.

In order to run Windows XP on this computer, you will have to purchase a licensing kit and install XP using the genuine media and product key that would come with the licensing kit.  You would have the option of a full retail kit or a systembuilder/OEM kit.

A third option would be to install Windows Me, then purchase a retail upgrade license for XP, which are less expensive than a full retail license.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:04 PM