Custom views filtered on user attributes- can you filter on other attributes of the current user (other than their user name) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have a custom entity for employees which is linked to our HR system via some custom integration.

We are using MD Dynamics CRM 2011 (soon to upgrade to CRM 2013).

My query is as follows:

The employee entity holds a reference to the line manager (another record in the same employee table) to whom the employee reports.

There is matching information held in our user table via a custom attribute which holds the staff number for the user.

Is it possible to filter a view of the employee entity which will filter the list of records returned based on a match between the current user's employee ID and the employee reports to field in the employee entity (so that I can see only employee records who report to me based on the same staff number being held against my user id as a custom attribute and against the employee records.

If this is possible, could you give me a quick walk through- I cannot seem to find the custom attribute from the user entity in the view filter criteria

Thanks for any help you can give on this!

Regards,

John

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Answers

• You have to create an 1:N relationship between your custom entity and user entity.

Then you able to find user entity in filter of view.

It seems your staff number is text field, So you have to create different views for different users.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:24 AM

All replies

• You have to create an 1:N relationship between your custom entity and user entity.

Then you able to find user entity in filter of view.

It seems your staff number is text field, So you have to create different views for different users.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:24 AM
  • Thanks Santosh!
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:40 AM