none
Outlook unable to load on Monday morning only for several users (5 users) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The organisation that I work for has issues with Outlook launching on Monday morning only during the rest of the week.

When they come in morning and start up their PC, they will launch Outlook and they will sit by the screen waiting for about 20 minutes to sometimes even 1 hour for it resolve on its own. About 5 consistent users always have this issue and it's always the same; they just have to sit and wait for Outlook to come back and respond (When you launch Outlook, it will show the loading blue screen while 'loading profile'...)

Some settings we have enabled in the past to try and fix this is are below but they never helped:

• Exchange Cache Mode - enabled or disabled
    • Disable Hardware acceleration - enabled or disabled

When we try to access OWA for the affected users, they can sign in but they will not be able to use it to send/receive emails. They will see their mailbox and access the folders within it but that is it. When they try to send an email, they will get an error (I have to see this again to be certain I am conveying the right info about OWA)

This is what we use in the environment without giving to much sensitive info for security reasons:

• Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on VMWare
    • Windows 8.1 Enterprise
    • Outlook on Office 2013

I would appreciate any assistance from the community or if anyone in the past has seen this issue and a fix was applied, I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

G

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:20 PM

Answers

All replies