Blocked Windows 7 (auction site CQout) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I bought multiple W7 keys which were supposed to be genuine (ok, they were cheap) from auction site CQout.
    After a couple of months or so, they each came up with the message that W7 was not genuine - and the seller was nowhere to be found.
    Unlike ebay / PayPal, the CQout standard basic payment method offers no compensation, which probably explains why there are so many sellers with similar offers on CQout.  That is, there is little incentive for CQout to stop any fraudulent activity.
    So, anyone buying from CQout, no matter how plausible the seller seems, beware ........
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks for the warning!
    Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:59 PM
  • Interesting what you say about ebay/Paypal protection, because in my experience there are so many exclusions that it is not worth the paper it is written on.

Did you pay for any of your purchases on CQout with PayPal, and if so what happened when you put a claim into PayPal?  If my experince is anything to go by ( and I have been trading for 10 years on ebay and elsewhere) you will not get any helpful response from PayPal either !

My experince of CQOut is at least they have a sure fire way of getting rid of bad sellers for good and also they have SecurePay which I always use if I am nervous of a seller or a deal.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Not only are they selling on auction sites but also out on the

They state that they have a partnership with microsoft and purchase retail product keys directly from microsoft . I chatted with one of their customer service reps and they were from China. They didn't understand what I was asking them. Sounds fishy.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Not only are they selling on auction sites but also out on the

They state that they have a partnership with microsoft and purchase retail product keys directly from microsoft . I chatted with one of their customer service reps and they were from China. They didn't understand what I was asking them. Sounds fishy.

No One is authorized to sell just Product keys. All Windows must come with software and a product key. There are two way of selling Windows Software.

a) In Physical form - either as a box (retail version) or in a shrink wraped cardbard sleave (OEM System Builder version).

b) In Digital form - the customer is provided a Product Key and a link to download the software. Currently the only companies that are allowed to distibute Windows in Digital form is Microsoft (thru it's partner Digital River) and Dell. More companies may be allowed to, in the future, but that is it for now. 

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:11 PM