none
Homeserver Remote Access Web Page RRS feed

• Question

• Can I change the WHS Remote Access Web Site Home Page?  When I go to the Remote Access page in the Settings and drop down the "Web Site Home Page" menu, it only has the default.  How do I add new Home Pages to that menu - a Web Page that I can design?

Tks

Monday, November 29, 2010 5:29 AM

All replies

• You don't. Windows Home Server isn't designed to be used as a general web hosting solution, even within the home.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Bjurran Monday, November 29, 2010 1:12 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 5:39 AM
  • Thanks Ken.  I was hoping for at least a little customization capability but I guess I'm outta luck here.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 12:53 PM
  • There are things you can do. Some are supported (to some degree anyway), some aren't. If all you want to do is throw up an additional web page and have a link on the Remote Access site, that's pretty easy, and Andrew Grant's Whiist add-in makes it easier. If you want a completely different Remote Access web site (in other words you want your server to host something other than the Remote Access web site) it's not supported. It's certainly possible to replace the entire site, but it's probably too much effort for your average home user, and all the work required will likely be undone the very next time Microsoft updates the product.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 29, 2010 2:11 PM