An old problem . . . still unsolved. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to all:

This problem has been addressed in every Windows help forum many times, and a dozen solutions to it have been suggested, none of which work (for me).  It has been awhile since it was last asked, so my hope is, with new solutions coming along all the time, someone can help me now.

I am running Windows 7, SP1, home premium 64 bit.  Everything on my computer works splendidly except for one .cpl file link - that which takes you to the System Properties multi-tab page.  I can get to the "System" page easily.  In the upper left-hand corner are four links.  The top link (Device Manager) opens easily.  The three links below that (Remote Settings, System Protection and Advanced System Properties) when the links are clicked, do . . . nothing. Thorough virus scan, and thorough MBAM and Spy Hunter 4 scans rule out any virus, malware or PUP's. Rootkit scan also negative.  At this point, I would consider a jerry-rigged Registry hack a blessing, if it will only open that page!  Can anyone help?  And sorry if this was the wrong category to post this under - it was the one that seemed closest.

Many thanks for any response,

Louie

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:36 AM