none
help me in deleting a question i created on MSDN RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 questions which i posted inside sharepoint 2013 MSDN forum. one question was put on hold, but i have mistakenly added  some private info inside one of my replies. but since the question was put on hold so i am unable to edit it.

second issue. i have created a question and also by mistake i have entered a private data, now i have edited my question and i removed the private data, but seems someone have quote my question where our server name has appeared.

so can anyone help me in allowing me to edit the on-hold question + to delete the quote from the user reply? of course will provide the links to these 2 questions upon request.

• Edited by johnjohn11 Monday, September 17, 2018 2:21 PM
    Monday, September 17, 2018 2:20 PM

Answers

• I spent over an hour on this figuring what to even ask for / sending requests. They removed all but one and I haven't gotten any more response so I'd suggest you can try asking them again or also ask a moderator in sharepoint forum to help you. If you do I'd be very specific about what needs to be done otherwise nothing will likely happen. Also as a side note you should take this thread as an example of unnecessary abuse of quoting and may have contributed to the issues.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:10 PM
  • Thread has been unlocked.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by johnjohn11 Monday, September 24, 2018 1:57 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 1:27 PM

All replies

• I'd send your request to forums admins using the report a bug link under;

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, September 17, 2018 2:25 PM
  • I'd send your request to forums admins using the report a bug link under;

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

ok thanks will try how this will work
    Monday, September 17, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome. They may ask for some method or authentication before deleting threads.

Monday, September 17, 2018 2:32 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome. They may ask for some method or authentication before deleting threads.

i send one feedback, but not sure how i can track the replies? will i get an email?
    Monday, September 17, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Should happen, be patient.

Monday, September 17, 2018 2:48 PM
  • Should happen, be patient.

unfortunately till now nothing happened regarding my 2 requests which i sent to

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback @ https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, September 17, 2018 10:20 PM
  • Do you have links to threads?

Monday, September 17, 2018 10:32 PM
  • Do you have links to threads?

By "Links to Threads" you mean the links to the MSDN questions which i want to edit/delete? if this what you meant, then yes i have already submitted the MSDN forum questions' links when i submit my 2 requests to report a bug link inside  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

do you want me to provide you with the question links?

• Edited by johnjohn11 Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:10 AM

• do you want me to provide you with the question links?

Yes. Otherwise send another email asking for an update. Which is what I was going to do.

https://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/mailform/contactus.aspx?refurl=http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759&loc=en-us

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:32 AM

• do you want me to provide you with the question links?

Yes. Otherwise send another email asking for an update. Which is what I was going to do.

https://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/mailform/contactus.aspx?refurl=http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759&loc=en-us

thanks for your follow and concern. can i send you the links in a private manner ? instead of posting them here? also i just resubmit my 2 feedback, but the problem when i submitted my 2 feedback i did not even receive any confirmation emails.

• Edited by johnjohn11 Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:56 AM
  • I was also looking for that same thing, but when I read this post, I found some fruitful material and I am now able to remove the error. Thanks mate
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:23 PM
  • thanks for your follow and concern. can i send you the links in a private manner ? 

Sorry but there isn't a messaging option here in forums. I'd just be patient then, they should respond soon. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:38 PM
  • thanks for your follow and concern. can i send you the links in a private manner ? 

Sorry but there isn't a messaging option here in forums. I'd just be patient then, they should respond soon. 

please do not quote my reply, so we do not enter the same problem again, as i am planning to remove these links ..

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

• Edited by johnjohn11 Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:49 PM
  • I made the requests, you can remove above text if desired.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:57 PM
  • I made the requests, you can remove above text if desired.

thanks a lot for your help.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:40 PM
  • They're asking for more exact details on what to delete, I'd suggest the message ID and text may help. As an example you can get the <message id= by find the thread ID in URL and append

/?outputas=xml (example) for this thread
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/97aed9c9-bb1c-46c8-9a3b-64756c5c02e1/?outputas=xml

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:08 PM
  • They're asking for more exact details on what to delete, I'd suggest the message ID and text may help. As an example you can get the <message id= by find the thread ID in URL and append

/?outputas=xml (example) for this thread
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/97aed9c9-bb1c-46c8-9a3b-64756c5c02e1/?outputas=xml

the message i want to delete inside this question  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/8237c7f0-7b8d-4ea4-ade7-e519fa0d6bcf/addedit-wiki-pages-inside-my-enterprise-wiki-site-collection?forum=sharepointdevelopment has the following markup which i think contain the message ID you are asking about:-

<li id="fd8262f2-547c-434c-b456-bf3edc3e5469" class="message ">

Also a better option will be to delete the whole question and not just the message.

for the second question @ https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7bd88a22-e29b-4065-bb38-ac71d824e2c6/sharepoint-content-database-is-showing-8220upgrading8221-status-after-the-product?forum=sharepointadmin  I just need to be able to edit one of my replies, but seems the whole question was locked by a moderator.. .. so can we unlock the question again, so i can edit my replies which contain private data?

thanks again for your concern, follow up and help

• Edited by johnjohn11 Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:10 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:07 AM
  • Sorry, I can't really tell anything from this which is also probably why you got no response from forums admins. You didn't say what text is problematic and nothing about second thread. I'd recommend asking a moderator in the sharepoint forums to help you.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:18 AM
  • Sorry, I can't really tell anything from this which is also probably why you got no response from forums admins. You didn't say what text is problematic and nothing about second thread. I'd recommend asking a moderator in the sharepoint forums to help you.

Hi,

i am providing the message id as per your request.. anyway

i already mentioned in my request that the message i want to delete is dated on (Friday, September 26, 2014 12:55 AM) inside this question https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/8237c7f0-7b8d-4ea4-ade7-e519fa0d6bcf/addedit-wiki-pages-inside-my-enterprise-wiki-site-collection?forum=sharepointdevelopment and this message contain our domain name (www.*******.intra),, so i want to delete the whole message or the private text inside it. so it is not hard to tell which message/reply i am referring to, again it is dated on (Friday, September 26, 2014 12:55 AM).

for the second question https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7bd88a22-e29b-4065-bb38-ac71d824e2c6/sharepoint-content-database-is-showing-8220upgrading8221-status-after-the-product?forum=sharepointadmin i want to be able to edit my reply dated on (Friday, February 12, 2016 2:18 PM), where i have by mistake expose one of our server names,, so if we can unlock this reply or unlock the whole question, then i can manage this , since the reply i want to edit/delete, i am the creator of it, unlike case one, which i did not write the reply.

your help will be highly appreciated.

• Edited by johnjohn11 Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:14 AM

can you let me know why you do not want to progress in this any more,, i have provided the message ID as per your request.. and i have provided the exact dates for the messages i want to edit/delete..

your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:20 AM
  • I sent a request yesterday, I'm still waiting on a reply from admins.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:39 PM

ok thanks for your help..
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:12 PM

Hi Dave,

Hi updated on this please?

Thanks

Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:05 PM
  • I spent over an hour on this figuring what to even ask for / sending requests. They removed all but one and I haven't gotten any more response so I'd suggest you can try asking them again or also ask a moderator in sharepoint forum to help you. If you do I'd be very specific about what needs to be done otherwise nothing will likely happen. Also as a side note you should take this thread as an example of unnecessary abuse of quoting and may have contributed to the issues.

Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:10 PM
  • Hi Dave,

now seems for the first question, they have removed the reply which contain the private info. which is great, and this what i was asking for.

but for the second question @ https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7bd88a22-e29b-4065-bb38-ac71d824e2c6/sharepoint-content-database-is-showing-8220upgrading8221-status-after-the-product?forum=sharepointadmin  , it is still locked, so i am unable to edit one of my replies which is dated on Friday, February 12, 2016 2:16 PM . where my reply contain a server name inside the code block. so i want to be able to edit my reply and remove the server name. but since the question has been locked (for a reason or another) i can not edit my reply. so should i send a new request asking to unlock the question?

Regards.

Monday, September 24, 2018 9:47 AM
  • Thread has been unlocked.

• Marked as answer by johnjohn11 Monday, September 24, 2018 1:57 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2018 1:27 PM