none
Which bytes should be edited in a WMF hex string stored in an RTF file in order to change image dimensions?

Question

• I  would like to save the WMF file with proper dimensions as they are in the editor (my saved WMFs have the dimensions of my screen resolution).  They come from a RichEdit.

Thanks.

Edit:

My goal is to convert the images that appear on a RichEdit to another format.

Here is the fragment of the RTF:

{\pict\wmetafile8\picw7407\pich9259\picwgoal4199\pichgoal5249 
    010009000003703e020000005a3e02000000050000000b0200000000050000000c022b24ef1c5a
    ffffffffffffff030000000000
    }\cf2\lang1033\b\f1\fs23\par

For each 2 chars in this string I converted it to hex and saved it through a memory stream. Then I opened it in Paint or GIMP and there is the image.  I even can convert it to a PNG file through ImageMagick tool. But the dimensions are wrong. How to fix this?

I am using Lazarus.

I could guess that the header is not OK, but how they can be opened by Paint and converted? So I guess the dimensions info is wrong in the header. In GIMP even the dimensions are right, here a link to the GIMP's dialogbox confirmation with the dimensions it has encountered in the file (  http://s13.postimg.org/s536tgo9z/Metafile_in_GIMP.png  ).

So the info is there, but is wrong. When I open the images in Paint, they are wrong. Microsoft Office Picture Manager can also open them correctly, but could not convert them so. I need to do it programmatically. TMetafile Delphi class could not open these files as well in order to be converted. So I could only edit the bytes.

My RichEdit WMF data can not be accepted by ComputeAldusChecksum routine nor get a handle from SetWinMetaFileBits API call, which would convert it to an EMF format.

procedure TMetafile.ReadWMFStream(Stream: TStream; Length: Longint);
    var
    WMF: TMetafileHeader;
    BitMem: Pointer;
    MFP: TMetaFilePict;
    begin
    NewImage;
    Stream.Read(WMF, SizeOf(WMF));
    if (WMF.Key <> WMFKEY) or (ComputeAldusChecksum(WMF) <> WMF.CheckSum) then
    raise EComponentError.Create('Invalid metafile.'); // <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< exception here
    Dec(Length, SizeOf(WMF));
    GetMem(Bitmem, Length);
    with FImage do
    try
    Stream.Read(BitMem^, Length);
    FImage.FInch := WMF.Inch;
    if WMF.Inch = 0 then
    WMF.Inch := 96;
    FWidth := MulDiv(WMF.Box.Right - WMF.Box.Left,25400,WMF.Inch);
    FHeight := MulDiv(WMF.Box.Bottom - WMF.Box.Top,25400,WMF.Inch);
    with MFP do
    begin
    MM := MM_ANISOTROPIC;
    xExt := 0;
    yExt := 0;
    hmf := 0;
    end;
    FHandle := SetWinMetaFileBits(Length, BitMem, 0, MFP); 
    if FHandle = 0 then
    raise EComponentError.Create('Invalid metafile.'); // <<<<<<<<<<<<<< exception here
    Enhanced := False;
    finally
    Freemem(BitMem, Length);
    end;
    end;

Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Answers