internet explorer deleted using safari browser RRS feed

• Question

• internet explorer got some kind of virus or something and kept bringing up websites and one care couldnt find any issues or spyware or anything. but every time i logged on to ie at least 5 sites would show up and every 15 seconds another site would pop up. i deleted ie and went with safari browser but one care keep trying to install ie and then it installed ie. i dont like ie and think safari is great. how do i keep one care from installing ie and get on with my life.
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:10 AM

Answers

• You can't actually remove IE, so that means you uninstalled IE7 and reverted to IE6. OneCare requires that you have IE upgraded to IE7 as IE6 is less secure. Even if you are not using IE, other programs are and this is a security risk.

You can upgrade and then set Safari (or any other browser) to be your default browser.

Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

-steve
    Monday, March 24, 2008 12:48 AM

All replies

• You can't actually remove IE, so that means you uninstalled IE7 and reverted to IE6. OneCare requires that you have IE upgraded to IE7 as IE6 is less secure. Even if you are not using IE, other programs are and this is a security risk.

You can upgrade and then set Safari (or any other browser) to be your default browser.

Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

-steve
    Monday, March 24, 2008 12:48 AM
  • actually i didnt get back to check forum. i reset ie6 to default and it fixed problems. i got rid of safari but i think a lot had to do with my CA security suite. after completely getting rid of it and switching to onecare i havent had any problems at all. thank you for your response.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:52 PM