none
How to add scripts to Bare metal Installation?

Question

• I have installed HPC pack 2012 on the head node which is part of a domain.

I want to deploy nodes using the bare metal installation using the HPC cluster manager. I want to include a script which will execute after the Machine has been installed with OS and added to the domain.

Example, suppose I want to execute a dos command to enable "testsigning" after installation is done, how do I add this action into the deployment template?

Thanks

Manu

Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Manu,

You can edit the node template for bare metal deployment to add a deployment task:

Choose "Add Task" -> "Deployment" -> "Run OS Command", a new task item will be generated under "Deployment" category, you can fill the command line into "Command" field, and fill the optional fields if you feel necessary. Then select the task and move it to the correct order by clicking  "Move Up" or "Move Down".

More details about how to edit a node template please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919493.aspx

• Marked as answer by manuks1988 Friday, September 19, 2014 9:24 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Hi Sunbin Zhu,

I have tried that already. But the command does not get executed. Is there a specify format in which I should give the command?

I used "bcdedit /set testsigning on" in the "Command" field.

Monday, September 15, 2014 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Manu,

You can edit the node template for bare metal deployment to add a deployment task:

Choose "Add Task" -> "Deployment" -> "Run OS Command", a new task item will be generated under "Deployment" category, you can fill the command line into "Command" field, and fill the optional fields if you feel necessary. Then select the task and move it to the correct order by clicking  "Move Up" or "Move Down".

More details about how to edit a node template please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919493.aspx

Monday, September 15, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Hi Sunbin Zhu,

I have tried that already. But the command does not get executed. Is there a specify format in which I should give the command?

I used "bcdedit /set testsigning on" in the "Command" field.

Monday, September 15, 2014 6:30 AM
  • Look at the provisioning log in Cluster Manager for the node that is being deployed.  You should be able to see the error message for the command you are trying to run (if it ran at all).

I don't have HPC server handy, but have this old screenshots from the trainings we used to do:

Monday, September 15, 2014 10:57 AM
  • Thanks sunbin zhu and scorpiotek it worked. I was running the command as "Post Install command" in Maintenance, hence was not working.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 9:17 AM