outbound call from office communicator to mp 114 RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to make a call from the mp 114 audiocodec to the office communicator. But i am unable to make a call from the office communicator client to the Audiocodec mp 114. I need to know where i am going wrong? if there is any other information you may need please let me know, I would be happy to hear from you. 

Thanks

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:02 PM

All replies

• There could be many reasons for this issue.  Most likely something is not configured correctly within the global Voice settings in OCS, and traditionally it's a number normalization issue that is preventing OCS from routing the call to the defined gateway.  Can you share specifically what you have already configured?

The easiest place to start troubleshooting is to enable event logging in Office Communicator, and after the outbound calls fails check the computer's event log and you should see a message with some description as to why it failed.  This can help identify if it's a problem with the route or with translation patterns.

Also go to the event log on the AudioCodes via the configuration web interface and watch it in real-time during the test call to see if OCS is even sending the call to it.  If so, then your configuration issues probably lie within the MP114 and not OCS.  Are you using the MP114 to dial analog phones directly on FXS ports, or using FXO ports to send calls on to a PBX system?

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:06 PM