Storage engine operation failed with error code 25039 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a small sync tool that works fine on my development workstation (win 2003), but when I deploy it to another windows server for production I get this error message:
    Storage engine operation failed with error code 25039 (HRESULT = 0x80004005, SOURCE IID = {0C733A7A-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D})

I have tested on two different servers (both running win 2003)On the first i executed Synchronization.msi and ProviderServices.msi manually, on the other I ran setup.exe from the SDK download.Any ideas what I am missing?

andreas
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:00 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:36 AM

Answers

• I found the solution: The user that tried to sync files did not have write access to the target directory.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:51 PM

All replies

• I have discovered that this is not due to installation, but when using a network share as the destination directory.It works fine with local folders, but this error occurs when I attempt to sync local files with network locations.Source code for test method
    Code Snippet
    private string source = @"c:\_ut\source\";
    string destinatonNet = @"\\server\_ut\destination";
    private string syncIdFile = "syncfile.id";
    FileSyncOptions options = FileSyncOptions.CompareFileStreams;
                FileSyncScopeFilter filter = new FileSyncScopeFilter();
                filter.FileNameExcludes.Add(syncIdFile);
                filter.FileNameIncludes.Add("test3.txt");
                filter.FileNameIncludes.Add("test1.txt");
                filter.FileNameIncludes.Add("folderfile1.txt");
                filter.AttributeExcludeMask = FileAttributes.Directory;

FileSyncProvider sourceReplica = new FileSyncProvider(Guid.NewGuid(), source, filter, options);
                FileSyncProvider destReplica = new FileSyncProvider(Guid.NewGuid(), destinatonNet, filter, options);

SyncOrchestrator orc = new SyncOrchestrator();

orc.LocalProvider = sourceReplica;
                orc.RemoteProvider = destReplica;
                orc.Direction = SyncDirectionOrder.Upload; orc.Synchronize();            

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:39 PM
  • I found the solution: The user that tried to sync files did not have write access to the target directory.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:51 PM
  • I have the same problem now and I already edited the permissions to the target directory to allow read and write. however, the same error still shows. there was actually no problem with syncing the files to the target directory, but the error that keeps showing up is bothering me.
    Monday, December 15, 2008 2:36 AM