none
Recognize DTMF in Continue Recording for RecordMessage Activity RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have RecordMessage Activity and I need to accomplish following: if user silent on Continue Recording second time, it will give him prompt the same as in Action Promts and he will be able to press dtmf tone. It seems that Activity do not recornize any of dtmf input while you are in Recording mode. Any ideas how to solve it?
    Friday, December 14, 2007 1:43 AM

All replies

• The Recording turn only handles recording of audio. The most you're going to get with respect to dtmf in the recording turn is to specify a digit, or set of digits that will terminate the recording when one of them is detected.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? There might be a better way to do it.

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:12 AM
  •  

Termination digits don't solve my problem since I don't want a user get out of this activity completly. What I want its this: if a user got in continue recording mode, and changed his mind about continue recording or just by accident hit wrong dtmf tone from Action Prompt menu choice(Press the pound sign or just hang up to send your message. To continue recording press 1 To listen to your message press 2. To re-record press 3), I want him to be able to hear again Action prompt after Escalated Silence and press different dtmf tone for different choice.

Situation:
    1. User hears main recording promt from RecordMessage Activity: "Please Record your message after beep."
    2.User records message
    3.User stops recording and hears Action Prompt: "Press the pound sign or just hang up to send your message. To continue recording press 1 To listen to your message press 2. To re-record press 3"
    4. User is pressing 1 to continue recording.
    5. User is hearing continue recording prompt: "Continue Recording after beep"
    6. User changing his mind about continue recording and stays silent.
    7.He is hearing Silence prompt: "I didn't hear your response. Please leave a  message. Beep" .  He still stays silent.
    He shoud hear Escalated Silence prompt second time: "Press the pound sign or just hang up to send your message. To continue recording press 1 To listen to your message press 2. To re-record press 3"

8. User will be able to press dtmf tone from prompt.

Any ways to do that. Its seems logically that user should  be able somehow get out of continue recording to Action prompts if he don't want continue recording, but wants to send message or hear previously recorded message.

Thanks,
    Marina

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:02 PM
  • So you're saying that you get the silence prompt when you don't say anything during the recording phase?

Have you tried using Dtmf termination digits like I suggested during the continue recording phase?

I think using Dtmf termination will indicate that you wanted to terminate the recording and it should take you back to the action phase.
    Friday, December 21, 2007 9:45 PM
  •  

i also feel same about termination digit. you change message and add somethhing like this: to cancel recording press hash at any time during recording or after beep if user press hash donot execute that.

please tell if it solves yours problem. or we should find another way.

Friday, January 4, 2008 3:16 AM
  •  

Using termination digit during continue recording take me out of RecordMessage activity to next Activity in my Workflow. It solves problem if you don't want to do recording at all, but it doesn't solve problem when user just want to cancel continue recording state and go back to Action Prompts.

Thanks,

Marina

Monday, January 7, 2008 8:16 PM
  • OK, I can't think of another way to go back to only the action prompts

You can restart easily but not go directly to the action prompts, sorry.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:20 AM