none
Can't enter transactions in Microsoft Money as of 1/1/2020? RRS feed

• Question

• I realize this program is outdated and not updated anymore but was working fine yesterday.  Today (1/1/2020) it won't let me enter any transactions, keep getting an error message that says "This transaction cannot be entered".  It gives no other reason and I have tried several different types of transactions without success?  Did something happen with the change to the new year?  Anyone else having this issue?  

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 4:27 PM

Answers

• First try a quick file repair, then a standard file repair level 2, then repeat the quick file repair. Each fixes a different part of the database, and the level 2 may leave some records behind that still need another quick repair. If you have Money Sunset, you may need to use the fix bills repair, and make sure you have the mny99ob.dll replacement as described in the first "sticky" post to this forum.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi - I just checked and mine is working fine. Please go to Help / about and reply with the version number it reports. Different versions of Money have different troubleshooting procedures.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 5:15 PM
  • Keep copies of your *.mbf files that predate the problem on on other media. Do not overwrite good backups with your corrupted file.

The cure probably involves doing a level 2 standard file repair. If that does not do it, restore your newest backup. If that does not do it, restore your second-newest backups.

Knowing the version can tell what methods are available to you.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 2:00 AM
  • First try a quick file repair, then a standard file repair level 2, then repeat the quick file repair. Each fixes a different part of the database, and the level 2 may leave some records behind that still need another quick repair. If you have Money Sunset, you may need to use the fix bills repair, and make sure you have the mny99ob.dll replacement as described in the first "sticky" post to this forum.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:03 PM
  • Thanks for all comments.  Quick file repair seems to have fixed it!  

Thanks!

Saturday, January 4, 2020 8:10 PM