none
exporting/importing historical price data within Money RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Money Plus Sunset, and am in the process of consolidating two different Money files into one. I am exporting individual investment accounts from the first file and then importing them into the second. All transactions export and then import just fine. However, the historical price data seem to be lost during this process, except when they are associated with a transaction. Is there any way to export all of the historical prices that are in the first Money file so that they can be imported into the second?

The historical prices for a couple of the investments cannot be downloaded easily from the internet, so I would really like to just export them from the first Money file, if possible.

Thanks for any advice!

Paula

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:11 PM

All replies

• I am using Money Plus Sunset, and am in the process of consolidating two different Money files into one. I am exporting individual investment accounts from the first file and then importing them into the second. All transactions export and then import just fine. However, the historical price data seem to be lost during this process, except when they are associated with a transaction. Is there any way to export all of the historical prices that are in the first Money file so that they can be imported into the second?

The historical prices for a couple of the investments cannot be downloaded easily from the internet, so I would really like to just export them from the first Money file, if possible.

Thanks for any advice!

Paula

The historical price data is just one of the many items of information that qif will not keep.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Theoretically, this could now be done via sunriise and hleofxquotes:

• sunriise: can read historical price table and write them out some sort *.CSV format
    • hleofxquotes: can read the above *.CSV file and convert them out to *.OFX format (similar to to how hleofxquotes supports downloading historical data from Yahoo currently).

None of this is available right now (new codes needed to be added to both programs). But doable in a week time.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:44 PM