Unable to locate activation key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I purchased Windows 7 in Oct 2009, activated it and had a computer crash, since re installing windows 7 i have been unable to locate the original activation code and unable to purchase a new one online. is there anyway to recover this number?

Pls help!

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:05 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:43 AM

Answers

• "Sarah_Parker" wrote in message news:97d8ff14-1905-442f-993a-020c048e60f6...

Hi,

I purchased Windows 7 in Oct 2009, activated it and had a computer crash, since re installing windows 7 i have been unable to locate the original activation code and unable to purchase a new one online. is there anyway to recover this number?

Pls help!

Unfortunately, having reinstalled Win will have deleted the original record of the key - From where did you purchase the original disks? If from the MS Store, then you should go back to your account there, and that may have the key.
    If you bought a Retail copy from another vendor, then look in the packaging - it should be there.
    If it's an OEM copy, then you should have affixed the accompanying sticker to the machine.
    There should be no problems about purchasing a new license - what problem have you encountered?
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:23 PM
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:38 PM

All replies

• "Sarah_Parker" wrote in message news:97d8ff14-1905-442f-993a-020c048e60f6...

Hi,

Pls help!

Unfortunately, having reinstalled Win will have deleted the original record of the key - From where did you purchase the original disks? If from the MS Store, then you should go back to your account there, and that may have the key.
    If you bought a Retail copy from another vendor, then look in the packaging - it should be there.
    If it's an OEM copy, then you should have affixed the accompanying sticker to the machine.
    There should be no problems about purchasing a new license - what problem have you encountered?
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:23 PM
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:38 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:23 PM