Two-step verification verfication on Microsoft Acount breaks Remote Web Acces on WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

A couple of weeks ago I turned on two-step verification on my Microsoft Acount.

Today I discovered that this breaks Remote Web Access in WHS 2011.

The problem is that when WHS updates the IP for your domiain name, it needs to log on with your Microsoft Acount, but I don't think WHS support two-step verification.

Have anyone experienced this?

Is there a solution, or do I just have to live with lower security settings on this Microsoft Acount?

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:04 AM

Answers

• Don't know if it will work but you could try this.

I turned on two-step verification. How do I sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes?

Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) or devices (like the Xbox 360, for example) can't prompt you to enter a security code when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. Once you've signed in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security code.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.

2. Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

If you're prompted for a security code here, enter it and tap or click Submit.

3. Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.

4. Switch to the app  or device for which you need the password, and enter the app password displayed on the screen.

For more info about signing in to specific devices, see App passwords and two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:03 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:51 AM