Outlook Client for Laptop and VPN access RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you in advance for any and all help on this issue.  I am implementing CRM 3.0 into our infrastructure and I will need to allow remote users to use the Oulook Client for Laptop and I am wondering about how the remote users should set up Outlook before the the Laptop Cilent is installed.  Should they connect to the infrstructure by VPN, then configure Outlook to connect to the exchange server, and then install the Laptop client?  Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

elittle

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:17 PM

Answers

•  

You will need to ensure that your users have set up their Outlook Exchange Profile before attempting to install the CRM Outlook Client.

So, assuming that your users can't get their laptops to your office, I would instruct your users to configure a VPN connection, connect to your network, setup their Outlook Exchange mailbox. Once that is all sorted then you can install the CRM Outlook Client.

Since you are going to use the Laptop client be prepared for a long initial synchronization depending on the amount of data in your CRM system and the speed of the WAN links.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:01 PM

All replies

•  

You will need to ensure that your users have set up their Outlook Exchange Profile before attempting to install the CRM Outlook Client.

So, assuming that your users can't get their laptops to your office, I would instruct your users to configure a VPN connection, connect to your network, setup their Outlook Exchange mailbox. Once that is all sorted then you can install the CRM Outlook Client.

Since you are going to use the Laptop client be prepared for a long initial synchronization depending on the amount of data in your CRM system and the speed of the WAN links.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:01 PM
  •  

here it goes

1: our clients must have to be connected wit hthe Exchange from Outlook.

2: When ur installing CRM Laptop client ot the Clients during the installation u provide the Address so the cleints connects to the CRM Server using that address.

3: Outlook must prefereably be restarted before and after installation

4: After installation the CRM tab is added in the Outlook and CRM items are now visible from Outlook.

the keyponts are that your client outlook must be connected to the Exchange and that you must b\give the correct Pipename or the address durng the Installation.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 5:35 PM
  • Hi Ellite,

This all depands upon the fact that: "whether or not you can PING your CRM server using the system IP of CRM Server."  if you can pings using local IP, you can define it in configuration.

If you can't and you have given some public IP to your server, you can try which just that IP as well...

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:24 PM