Beta 2 enhancement samples RRS feed

• Question

• Last week, I downloaded and was able to upgrade my application (written in Visual Studio 2005) to Beta 2 without much trouble.  First, I'd like to say THANK YOU for getting the changes in that allow us to perform table operations such as alter\drop table, etc.

A couple of enhancements have been added to Sync Services in this version that I would like to look into taking advantage of.

One is the new Batching feature.  I have tried setting the BatchSize property, but I can't really tell if anything is happening or if I need to do something else. 

Another that I have seen but am not sure about its significance is the ServerSyncProviderProxy class.  My application is an n-tier application and it is based on the demo that Rafik put on his website.  I assume thisnew ServerSyncProviderProxy class is meant to replace something, but I don't want to get into changing something without some guidance.

The Books Online doesn't really give a lot of information on either of these, so I wanted to see if anyone out there could give me a quick rundown on what the changes are and how to implement them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to the Sync Services team for your hard work on this.  Sync Services has been a great help in the development my application.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:15 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

I've updated the set of demos I've in my web site today to work with the latest bits (visit www.syncguru.com). If you check the web service sample you should see how ServerSyncProviderProxy is used. As for batching, I need to build a new demo to show off the feature and how to take advantage of it. Will be working on that in the next few days.

Thanks

Friday, August 17, 2007 10:55 PM