none
SyncToy 2.0 Installation/configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2  Questions... Both are related automating SyncToy 2.0 Installation/Configuration, with the goal  to send a user a .CMD file to do the Install without me visiting thier computer and automating theFolder Pair Creation process..

1)Is there a way to Install Synctoy 2.0 in Quiet Mode?

When I used the Beta, I Created a .CMD Script for the SyncToy Beta that installed SQL-CE, Synctoy,and created  Home Folders

it was as follows...
    rem Installing SQL-CE  Please Wait...
    call "\\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME\synctoy\SQLServerCE31-EN.msi" /quiet
    ECHO Installing SyncToy  Please wait..
    call "\\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME\synctoy\SyncToySetup.exe" /q
    ECHO Creating Folders on Home Drive...
    MD "H:\My Documents"
    MD "H:\LotusData"

Are there any other switches to perform the Install without user Interaction?

2)Is there a tool to create the Datafile with folder pair information in it and leave it on Users Home Folders? then   have Synctoy use that file via command line

I would like to Create a File that would use ...
    Left folder:  c:\documents and settings\%Username%\My Documents
    Right Folder: H:\My Documents

With the Ability to add switches  such as  /I  for Include or /E for Exclude
    I am sure this can be done if the data was stored in the Registry, but since it is in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0\" in a cryptic format it makes the Automation more difficult.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:51 PM

All replies

• I fully agree with Florida-Golfer.

We are looking to deploy SyncToy 2.0 in the same fasion to alot of laptops.

Having the ability to create the folder pair programmatically would be great. We dont want to have to go down the route of manually creating the pairs manually on each laptop - this would be too much work.

We use robocopy for file sync at the moment, which does not fulful the requirements.

Many thanks to anyone who can answer the first post.

Dan.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:02 PM