WIndows Live OneCare is being discontinued?????? What's with this. RRS feed

• Question

• I just recieved a notice that Windows LiveOneCare is being discontinued in late 2010 --- will this affect the operation of my systems it is monitoring? Will it just keep on doing what it does with my networking of three computers and two printers or am I back to square one.

I am also worried that if I delete it in late 2010 that it will leave me with no protection. GOOD ole Microsoft does it again. LOL
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:22 PM forum consolidation (From:General Discussion)
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:30 PM

Answers

• http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/activation/oc_eol_guidance.htm

HOW LONG CAN I USE MY WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE SUBSCRIPTION?
    OneCare will support all existing customers through the duration of their subscriptions to ensure all subscribers remain protected and have ample time to find another security solution for their PC. OneCare will continue to be updated and supported until at least one year past the last subscription activation date. All OneCare customers will receive support and servicing through the end of their subscriptions. Please note that while Windows Live OneCare anti-virus and anti-malware protection will be continuously updated and all OneCare subscribers will be supported for the life of their subscription. OneCare will not be updated to support Windows 7.
    • Marked as answer by ietech Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:56 PM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 6:44 PM

All replies

• http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/activation/oc_eol_guidance.htm

HOW LONG CAN I USE MY WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE SUBSCRIPTION?
    OneCare will support all existing customers through the duration of their subscriptions to ensure all subscribers remain protected and have ample time to find another security solution for their PC. OneCare will continue to be updated and supported until at least one year past the last subscription activation date. All OneCare customers will receive support and servicing through the end of their subscriptions. Please note that while Windows Live OneCare anti-virus and anti-malware protection will be continuously updated and all OneCare subscribers will be supported for the life of their subscription. OneCare will not be updated to support Windows 7.
    • Marked as answer by ietech Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:56 PM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 6:44 PM
  • My question is -- Will the existing software portion still work for my networking of printers and two other computers that are controlled by OneCare after it is discontinued?

I know I will need new security software. Is Support for OneCare  the only thing going away ?

Thanks for you help.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 4:53 PM
  • My question is -- Will the existing software portion still work for my networking of printers and two other computers that are controlled by OneCare after it is discontinued?

I know I will need new security software. Is Support for OneCare  the only thing going away ?

Thanks for you help.

I have the same question as above.What program can I use or buy that will do these automatically
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:45 AM
  • same question
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:12 AM
  • more or less, i have the same question; i mean is microsoft going to release another one raplaces OneCare, that will automatically go with my configurations and settings i already set earlier ??
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:47 PM
  • hello everyone who is seeking a replacement.

Here is a link that i use to access the free online version of One Care.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/article/registry_cleaner_why.htm

hth,

~db
    db·´¯`·...¸> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - @Hotmail.com "share the nirvana mann" - dbZen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > >
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:45 PM
  • Hi I can't answer your question and I want you to tell me if you have ever received an answer from them that has helped in their helped programs or these forums. I am another Windows Live One Care customer and am having trouble finding a troubleshooting option for my Windows One Care Live Antivirus program. Any ideas? Since I don't know how to manipulate in forums to see a specific posting, could you post your reply, but also email it to me at suzannecox1492@gmail.com? I feel sure it will get to me there, but not as confident with this forum system set up for us. Thank you.

Sizamme Cox (Shoshanna7thheaven)
    • Proposed as answer by Camiele Monday, January 11, 2010 12:13 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 9:47 PM
  • This is typical of Microsoft, start something and bail out without consideration to its customers. And I am speaking as a person whom has been using there products since Dos on pc and PDA's. You just get settled with everything nicely balanced and operational and hey guess what were taking it away and by the way tough cookie. Maybe it’s really time to jump ship as I just don’t have endless pockets to keep on buying more and more Microsoft.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:25 PM
  • To all above I am very happy with the replacement Microsoft has given us. "Microsoft Essentials" although none of my questions were ever answered, I am happy with the results
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:09 AM
  • But Live One Care online scanner ( http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm ) will be still updated?
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:28 PM