Problems validating CRM 2011 & Sharepoint (2010) List Component RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the basic instructions (see blog link below) to install the Sharepoint list component on CRM 2011 (Online), but cannot get my url  (https://remote.mydomain.com:987) to validate.

When I open up my Sharepoint Site in CRM and click Validate at the top is says 'Could Not Validate' with Additional Info: 'The URL could not be accessed b/c of Internet Explorer security settings'. Is there another port I should be using with a seperate application pool or new web application? The URL does work from the browser externally (& is pointing to it from CRM document tabs) but I cannot get it to bring up the list component options. Any suggestions would be appreciated (also I'm running SBS 2008 if that makes a difference).

http://crmscape.blogspot.com/2010/09/ms-crm-2011-sharepoint-list-component.html

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:07 PM

Answers

• We just had this exact error with the same symptoms.

We checked our CRM App pool in IIS and checked the user it was running under. We then added that user to SharePoint as SharePoint owner and it allowed us to validate the SharePoint site.

There's probably a more elegant solution (or a better set of permissions regarding the SharePoint side) but for now this allowed us to continue (which is the main goal!).

Blog: www.RyanonRails.com - MS CRM 2011 Email: Ryan.Michael.Jones@GMail.com Twitter: @RyanonRails
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:50 PM

All replies

• I am seeing the same problems. The List component is installed and activated.

Did you ever figure out the problem?

Mike
    Friday, June 17, 2011 11:10 PM
  • We just had this exact error with the same symptoms.

We checked our CRM App pool in IIS and checked the user it was running under. We then added that user to SharePoint as SharePoint owner and it allowed us to validate the SharePoint site.

There's probably a more elegant solution (or a better set of permissions regarding the SharePoint side) but for now this allowed us to continue (which is the main goal!).

Blog: www.RyanonRails.com - MS CRM 2011 Email: Ryan.Michael.Jones@GMail.com Twitter: @RyanonRails
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:50 PM
  • CRM user must have at least the following permissions on SharePoint site collection root (NOT actual integration site!)  This is because they should be able to access app pages, and they are deployed on the site col level.

-- Ilya

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:05 PM