none
Can no longer build Windows 8.1 (UWP) project for Band: hidden reference to 'System.Windows.Forms.dll' breaks build RRS feed

• Question

• I recently finished a big coding session and found that my project will no longer build. The two error messages are:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error  Type universe cannot resolve assembly: System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089. BandScan.Windows   

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error  Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'System.Windows.Forms.dll' BandScan.Windows C:\Users\allen\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\UABlankApp2\UABlankApp2\UABlankApp2.Windows\BandScan.Windows.csproj  

This is a UWP project targeting Windows 8.1 (supporting the Microsoft Band). I don't know why it is referring to System.Windows.Forms.dll but I suspect I'd be okay again if I could make that reference go away. (It may have crept in when I was trying to find a way to incorporate a namespace that supports speech recognition.) Meanwhile, I have a 4,000-line project that mysteriously refuses to build.

Any advice, please?

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, July 24, 2017 8:20 AM
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi AllenN,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor and UWP application can only target on windows 10, so according to Get started with the Microsoft Band SDK, I recommend you Go to StackOverflow discussion to get help.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Okay, thanks Joyce.
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:45 PM