CRM 2013: A managed solution cannot overwrite the OptionSet component with Id= RRS feed

• Question

• I had an Online CRM 2011 environment with a managed solution. This environment has been upgraded to CRM 2013. Now I want to update the managed solution with a new version optimized for CRM 2013.

On import of the solution I get the following error for a specific entity:

A managed solution cannot overwrite the OptionSet component with Id=2e2e3e86-146a-e211-8b87-78e3b5102e43 which has an unmanaged base instance.  The most likely scenario for this error is that an unmanaged solution has installed a new unmanaged OptionSet component on the target system, and now a managed solution from the same publisher is trying to install that same OptionSet component as managed.  This will cause an invalid layering of solutions on the target system and is not allowed.

I have checked all OptionSets for this Entity in the OnLine environment. They are all managed.

How can I solve this issue?

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

• You can provide this OptionSet GUID to the support team and request them to give you the details of it by querying the database. Once you know which option set is causing the error then you can check for that particularly and remove it from either the source or target.

It could be possible that the managed solution you are trying to import is trying to update an unmanaged optionset (previously unused?) in your environment.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Jan AS Friday, October 25, 2013 9:38 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:53 PM
  • The optionset is "leftvoicemail" from a custom activity. Many OnLine CRM users are facing this same problem after the update from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013. I hope Microsoft will fix this problem soon.

I found a post on the internet from Andrew Campey explaining this problem plus another one I also encountered and presenting a (unsupported) workaround.

http://crmtroubleshoot.blogspot.nl/2013/10/dynamics-crm-2013-custom-activity-issue.html

• Marked as answer by Jan AS Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:24 AM
    Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:24 AM

All replies

• You can provide this OptionSet GUID to the support team and request them to give you the details of it by querying the database. Once you know which option set is causing the error then you can check for that particularly and remove it from either the source or target.

It could be possible that the managed solution you are trying to import is trying to update an unmanaged optionset (previously unused?) in your environment.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Jan AS Friday, October 25, 2013 9:38 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Sounds like it's a 'Global Option Set' component, and not a local option set for a particular entity. In your solution check under 'Option Sets'.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:02 PM
  • Try to remove optionset from any of the solution before import

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:19 PM
  • The optionset is "leftvoicemail" from a custom activity. Many OnLine CRM users are facing this same problem after the update from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013. I hope Microsoft will fix this problem soon.

I found a post on the internet from Andrew Campey explaining this problem plus another one I also encountered and presenting a (unsupported) workaround.

http://crmtroubleshoot.blogspot.nl/2013/10/dynamics-crm-2013-custom-activity-issue.html

• Marked as answer by Jan AS Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:24 AM
    Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:24 AM