Problem using linked powerpoint over shared network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to put together a PowerPoint presentation in office 2007 that will display 24/7 on our company's break room tv. I have set up links to an excel workbook so that tables and such can be edited in excel and update the PowerPoint even while its running (using an add-in). The source excel workbook is set as a shared workbook and saved as a .xlsx in our company shared network drive. The PowerPoint is saved in the same folder.

When I have both files open under my username I can edit the links in  the source excel file and they automatically update in the PowerPoint, even if I have the files open on different computers. However, when I open the PowerPoint, and have another user open the shared excel file to edit, I get a read-only notification on the PowerPoint presentation open on my computer. I need to be able to set this up so that any user that has access to our shared network drive can open the source excel file and make changes, and the PowerPoint updates automatically downstairs. Currently, this only works if I am the user that has both files open. Hope someone can help me, thanks!

Nick

Monday, August 12, 2013 12:36 PM