none
Removing a forum from My Forums

General discussion

• When I go to My Forums I do not see a way to remove a forum from the list. If I go to the forum then I can remove it but I think it makes sense to be able to remove a forum from the list while we are in the list.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You saw that it is also possible to remove a froum through the popups that come when you hover the mouse over a forum (e.g. the forum name in the list of threads or on the blue box with the forum name)? That makes it also quite easy - but of course requires a mouse.

I like the idea that you have 2 lists - one is the currently shown list of forums and the fixed list of forums you added to my forums. So I do not like to loose that feature. But that might make it hard to find more possibilities. But maybe you have some nice ideas how it could be done? (I am not connected to the development team in any way but I would like to vote on good ideas in the hope that the experience will get better :) )

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:27 PM
  • I am sorry, but I do not understand most of what you said.

When I hover my mouse over a forum in the list of forums then nothing happens except the address is shown by Edge in the lower-left, as is done for links. Are you describing a different list from the one I said? When I said "go to My Forums" I meant the list I get when I go to Msdn forums then click on "Quick Access" then click on "My forums".

I am not suggesting to remove any feature, just add the feature that exists elsewhere to the place where it seems to belong.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:43 PM
  • You can browse My Forums, then click the forum to be removed, then hover over X in forum name, then Remove from my forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

the problem that I see is, that the forums are already quite overloaded. There is a lot of functionality and adding more things that people could click on will even make it worse.

And what I meant (and I checked that it also works with Edge) is:

In a list of threads you always have the title first. Below the title you see the Forum name as link. You can hover the mouse over the name and then a small box opens with name and description of the forum. You also have the Add/remove to my forums link in that box.

I mainly work inside the "My forums threads" view In this view you see the currently shown forums on the left side in blue boxes. If I hover the mouse over such a blue box the box I described above is also shown.

That just describes how I work with the forums at the moment. I do not say that it is good and that I want no change. With all the new tablet devices this mouse hovering might not be available so there is a need for updates. But right now I have no idea what could make sense. (So I asked if you have some ideas.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:02 PM
  • You can browse My Forums, then click the forum to be removed, then hover over X in forum name, then Remove from my forums

Yes, I said that. I now know how to do it but it took a while for me to figure that out. It just makes sense to be able to do it in the actual list of forums instead of doing it a bit indirectly.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:28 PM
  • the forums are already quite overloaded

That would be great for ASP.Net marketing. They would sure benefit from saying that ASP.Net applications can't get too complicated.

If it is too much then that is okay. I just think that my suggestion would make the use of the software more logical.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:32 PM