none
Compute Node unreachable RRS feed

• Question

• When the machine boots, everything is OK.My Compute Nodes become unreachable after running for a while(one day or half day, it happens randomly) and the state of the nodes is online.

Originally, there are 6 nodes, one  head node, 5 computer nodes two years ago. The OS is  hpc server 2008 sp2(not R2). Then I add 6 new computer nodes with hpc server 2008 sp1(not R2). The problem only happed to new 6 nodes.

I have checked points  like these:

Everything works: ping from both sides, ping to domain conroller, ping the hostname of headnode from compute node, ping the compute RDP directly from Cluster Manager.....
    But the Compute Nodes Keeps unreachable.

The problem is really similar to this one, but my OS system is hpc server 2008 sp1, and I can't find where to download the sp2. In addition, I don't  know whether sp2 can solve the problem. I only find sp2 for server 2008 and when I double click the file it tips invalid data.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d9701685-ed80-40cd-9463-3b672a26e635/compute-node-unreachable

Where is the Problem in my Case? I can't change the OS of head node and all nodes can't access to the Internet for  security.
    Monday, July 8, 2013 4:54 AM

All replies