Wireless Netwook Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a quick look for a similar problem but didn't find anything

I have been using Live Mesh since it first came out (so on Vista to start with) then wehn Windows 7 beta came out I installed that and quickly installed Live Mesh, I had no problems to begin with however a few months ago I started noticing that webpages weren't loading but online services such as WL Messenger worked fine. At first I thought it was the old router playing up so we got a new one, that did nothing. I then started to check what was running on our PCs at home and I have found that Live Mesh is the cause of the problem, the same thing happens: launching IE8 as soon as the computer logs on is fine with websites loading but after a few minutes no websites will load (or if they do it takes them literally minutes) but services still run fine. I found that if I set Mesh to work offline and reconnect to my network everything works fine.

We are running several machines at home on Windows 7 x64 and x86 and Vista x86, but when at uni and using my Windows 7 netbook with a wired and wireless connection I had no problems using Mesh so I guess it is more to do with the Wireless than anything else.

I miss having all my files updated all the time and I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if there is a workaround for this.
    I hate having to set Mesh to work offline.
    AKA Gilly
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:04 AM

Answers

• I am running Live Mesh on a number of machines with Windows 7 and have not experienced anything similar to what you are describing. I suggest filing a bug report with logs from the affected machines. See this post for how to do that:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:30 PM

All replies

• I am running Live Mesh on a number of machines with Windows 7 and have not experienced anything similar to what you are describing. I suggest filing a bug report with logs from the affected machines. See this post for how to do that:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:30 PM
  • I'm also running into issues running Live Mesh on my PC laptop (Windows XP SP3) and keeping a steady connection to my home wireless network. Even after disabling the firewall, my laptop's connection to the wireless network frequently disconnects when I have the Live Mesh software open and I've signed in. Prior to downloading and running this program (or when I close and exit the program), I am able to keep a steady wireless connection to my home network. When I open up the program again and sign in, my connection to the wireless network becomes spotty and I can't even detect the wireless signal (the signal immediately reappears after exiting the Live Mesh program). Please help!
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:15 PM
  • It would seem that there is some sort of issue with your network adapter driver and the Live Mesh service/programs. Please submit a bug report with logs per the instructions linked in the previous reply.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:32 PM